Axiom will inspect:
- the exterior wall-covering materials, flashing and trim;
all exterior doors;
- adjacent walkways and driveways;
- stairs, steps, stoops, stairways and ramps;
- porches, patios, decks, balconies and carports;
- railings, guards and handrails;
- the eaves, soffits and fascia;
- a representative number of windows; and
vegetation, surface drainage, retaining walls and grading of the property, where they may adversely affect the structure due to moisture intrusion.
We will describe:
the type of exterior wall-covering materials, driveway and walkway materials
We will report as in need of correction:
- improper spacing between intermediate balusters, spindles and rails for steps, stairways, guards and railings;
- any window that was obviously fogged or displayed other evidence of broken seals.
What is not inspected or required (see Standards of Practice):
- inspect or operate screens, storm windows, shutters, awnings, fences, outbuildings, or exterior accent lighting.*
- inspect items that are not visible or readily accessible from the ground, including window and door flashing.
- inspect or identify geological, geotechnical, hydrological or soil conditions.
- inspect recreational facilities or playground equipment.
- inspect seawalls, breakwalls or docks.
- inspect erosion-control or earth-stabilization measures.
- inspect for safety-type glass.*
- inspect underground utilities.
- inspect underground items.
- inspect wells or springs.
- inspect solar, wind or
- geothermal systems.
- inspect swimming pools or spas.
- inspect wastewater treatment systems, septic systems or cesspools.
- inspect irrigation or sprinkler systems.*
inspect drainfields or dry wells.
- determine the integrity of multiple-pane window glazing or thermal window seals.
*some exceptions are made
The Interior inspection includes all available areas such as and not limited to, walls, ceilings, closets, windows and floors that are readily available at the time of the inspection.